The General Secretariat provides the administrative support services for the Presidency of the Republic. It is charged with:
- ensuring the proper working of the administrative services, including services connected with the Chancellery of the Portuguese Honorific Orders;
- putting into practice the deliberations of the Administrative Board and, in general, ensuring the proper working of the administration and financial and property management services;
- carrying out all personnel administration and management services; and
- drawing up the budget and the management report and accounts of the Presidency of the Republic.
The General Secretariat is under the management and co-ordination of the secretary-general who is the ex officio secretary-general of the Portuguese Honorific Orders.
– Arnaldo Manuel da Rocha Pereira Coutinho
Assistant Secretary General
– Maria Helena Afonso